Indian Premier League (IPL) is a very big platform where a number of international and domestic player plays together to win the title. The mini-auction for IPL 2021 took place on February 18, Thursday where franchises bought their desired players to make their team stronger. It was a dreamy auction for bowlers and bowlers earned a good amount of money from the auction. The sold rate of bowlers was way better than batsmen. All the franchises were going behind bowlers or all-rounder but it was not a very good auction for top-order batsmen. Many quality and popular cricketers remained unsold in the auction. Here’s the list of some of the most famous unsold players:
- Aaron Finch: The Australian captain in limited over cricket remained unsold in IPL 2021 auction. He was released by Royal Challengers Bangalore in the auction but this year he was unsold. His current form is a big concern for Aussie management. He failed to impress in Big Bash League and he also performed poor in IPL 2020. He made only 268 runs in 12 matches in IPL 2020 for RCB.
- Jason Roy: He is an English opening batsman who used to play for Delhi Capitals in IPL. He was released by Delhi Capitals in the IPL auction but he remained unsold this year. Every team has sorted opening batting therefore the franchises showed a minimum amount of interest in top-order batsmen. Jason Roy is the first choice opener for England in limited over cricket but remained unsold in the biggest cricket league of the world.
- Alex Hales: He is an English top-order batsman who remained unsold in IPL 2021 auction. There was much hype for Alex Hales before the auction by fans and experts but he remained unsold in the auction. He was the leading run-scorer in Big Bash 2020-21. It is very hard for Alex Hales to accept not to be a part of IPL after such a huge successful BBL season.
- Evin Lewis: He is a West-Indian opening batsman who remained unsold in IPL auction 2021. He has the ability to smash the ball hard but failed to get sold for any franchise in the auction. He performed extremely well in T-10 cricket but all franchises were looking for someone who can bat at lower order.
- Alex Carry: He is an Australian wicket-keeper batsman who played for Delhi Capitals in IPL 2020. He smashed a century in Big Bash in BBL 2020-21 but remained unsold in IPL 2021 auction. Alex Carry played only 3 matches in IPL 2020 for Delhi Capitals and scored only 32 runs. Alex Carry is a top-order batsman but he did not get any chance to bat at top-order in IPL 2020 for Delhi Capitals.
- Hanuma Vihari: He remained unsold in IPL 2021 auction. He was a part of the Delhi Capitals team in IPL 2020 but no franchise was interested in Hanuma Vihari in the auction. He is a quality batsman but he bats with a slow strike rate that's why no one showed any interest in purchasing him.