Francois du Plessis better known as Faf du Plessis is a regular player of the South African cricket team. He is a right hand batsman, playing in the middle order as well as occasionally bowls right-arm leg spin. He played domestic cricket for Northerns, Titans and Lancashire before making his Test debut in 2012 against Australia. He had a fantastic career in the T20 format of the game so far and is also the T20 caption of South Africa. He began his IPL career with Chennai Super Kings in 2011 and is a part of the present team as well. He has also signed by Melbourne Renegades in 2012.
Francois du Plesis has shown immense potential in all the formats of the game, especially T20.
- In 2012, he made Test debut against Australia and scored 78 runs in the first innings and a ton in the second innings at the Adelaide ground.
- On January 18, 2011, he made ODI debut against India and an impressive 60 runs.
- In 2012, he made his T20 International debut against England at Chester-le-Street but managed to score only 4 runs before he was given lbw.
- In 2007, he made his Twenty20 debut at the Titans versus Eagles match where he added 33 runs on the board and also took one important wicket.
Faf du Plesis has played the role of a perfect all-rounder for his national side as well as Chennai Super Kings in the IPL. He has been a very effective player with great sense of cricket that has helped South Africa win several Twenty20 matches.
- He is the first South African cricketer to hit a Test Century on the debut match.
- In 2012, he was named as the South African Twenty20 skipper for the series against New Zealand.
- In 2013, he was made the full time captain of the South African T20 team.