Angelo Davis Mathews was born on 2nd June 1987 in Colombo. He was born to a Tamil family of his mother, Monica Mathews and father, Tyronne Mathews. Mathews received his formal education at St Joseph’s College in Colombo. He is a part of the Sri Lankan international cricket team. He is an allrounder who bowls right arm fast medium and a right hand batsman. He has vigor about his batting and bowling and on field also Mathews exhibits robust athleticism. Mathews generally makes his appearance at number 6 and hence holds the lower order together.
- Mathews played his first List A match on behalf of Sri Book World Lanka Under 23 at Colombo against New Zealand on 16th September 2005. He scored a meager 12 runs.
- He debuted in First Class cricket on behalf of the Colombo Cricket Club against Colts Cricket Club on 10th of November 2006.
- He was included in the Sri Lankan national squad for his first ODI versus Zimbabwe on 28th November 2009 at Harare. Sri Lanka won the match by 2 wickets
- Mathews entered the limited over game of T20I on 8th June 2008 at Nottingham against Australia. Sri Lanka won by 6 wickets while Mathews bagged 1.
- Angelo was the captain of the Sri Lankan cricket team for the U19 World Cup of 2006.
- Was a part of the Sri Lankan squad that went on to the finals of 2011 Cricket World Cup and ICC World Twenty20 in 2012.
- He was an integral part of the team for ICC World Twenty20 in 2014 that won the cup.
- He was appointed the ODI and Test captain in 2013’s February.
- Mathews scored his first test century in 2011 against Australia.
- He packed up 6 wickets off 20 runs against India in 2009.
Angelo has been the brand endorser of Samsung, HP, Milo etc.