Kulasekara Mudiyanselage Dinesh Nuwan Kulasekara was born to the Kulasekara family on the 22nd day of July, 1982. He was born in Nittambuwa, Sri lanka and received his schooling in Gampaha. Kulasekara was initially inclined towards playing softball, but, gradually his interest shifted towards cricket.
- First Class debut in 2001-2002
- List A debut in 2002-2003
- His first appearance in ODI was against England on 18th November 2003 at Dambulla. In this match he grabbed 2 wickets in 9 overs while conceding only 19 runs. Sri Lanka won the match by 10 wickets
- He debuted in Test Match versus New Zealand at Napier on the 4th of April, 2005. The match was a draw and Kulasekara picked up one wicket.
- In 2008 he played is first T20I against Pakistan at King City
- Kulasekara was a part of the Sri Lankan squad for the World Cup 2007.
- He was awarded the best bowler in 2003-2003 domestic cricket competition.
- His first test 50 was against England in May 2006, at Lord’s
- In 2009, Kulasekara held the position of best bowler in the ODI rankings for a handful of months
- His first 5 wicket haul was against Australia on 18th January 2013 at Brisbane. He gave away only 22 runs.
- The Chennai Super Kings priced him at $100,000 in IPL 2011
Kulasekara is one of the most moderate and humble natured cricketer. He mastered the art of inswing and bowls at a lively pace. He is considered among the top swing bowlers. He also falls in league with the ‘Pinch Hitters” and at times wields hiss willow magic in the lower order. One of his notable innings was with Kumar Sangakkara against England in Champions Trophy of 2013.